500 error on the NGS server,, August 2022
If you run a large (e.g. full greenhouse), custom simulation you may receive a “500 error” from the server. This is due to an upgrade in the operation system within the Docker Container on the Google Cloud Platform. We are working on a resolution with expanded memory allocation. Stay tuned!
Second simulation stalls the first,, June 2022
When two or more simulations are launched from the same browser by the same user, the first may stall while the second continues to the end. This behavior is intentional but can be frustrating if you have, for example, a half dozen students sitting at a single computer running multiple simulations at the same time.
It is therefore recommended that you:
a) Allow the current simulation to finish (or terminate it) before starting another;
a) Do not press the BACK button from a running Dashboard to launch a new simulation.
c) Do not open a new browser tab to run simulations in parallel.
And remember to download your Configuration Wizard files such that you can readily reload without having to manually configure your simulation again.
As of June 2020, we have tested and confirmed the following browsers for the given platforms:
- Firefox for Ubuntu, Mac OS, and Windows 10
- Chrome for Ubuntu, Mac OS, and Windows 10
- Safari Mac OS
- Edge for Windows 10 — some of the interface aesthetics are a bit off, such as the timeline scrubber missing the position handle, otherwise works well
To the best of our knowledge and experience, these remain functional as described.
We are seeking feedback from tablet owners of a variety of makes and models.
At this time, we do not officially support smart phones.
If you experience what you believe to be a glitch in the system, please Contact Us and provide the following information:
- Operating system and browser (e.g. Mac OS, Firefox)
- Login, Configuration Wizard, or Dashboard
- What you were doing when the error occurred
- Whether or not you were able to remedy the situation, and how