June 1, 2023: We have recently moved away from cloud computing and onto our own hardware in order to improve stability and uptime. We are currently able to support 40 simultaneous new simulations (the calculation session between the configuration and dashboard screens). If you receive a notice that the server is busy, simply wait a minute and try again. We will expand this capacity if necessary.
July 2, 2023: The SSL cert for ngs.simoc.space is once again fully functional.
July 7, 2023: A user has reported that Chrome works well when directly engaging the ngs.simoc.space interface, but not when using the embedded interface at Nat Geo’s web portal. We’re looking into it. For now, use Firefox or another browser if this occurs for you too.
We have tested and confirmed the following browsers for the given platforms:
- Firefox for Ubuntu, Mac OS, and Windows 10
- Chrome for Ubuntu, Mac OS, and Windows 10
- Safari for Mac OS
- Edge for Windows 10 — some of the interface aesthetics are a bit off, such as the timeline scrubber missing the position handle, otherwise works well
To the best of our knowledge and experience, these remain functional as described.
Our tests show that tablets function very similar to personal computers.
At this time, we do not officially support smart phones. We are working to provide this support by mid 2023.
If you experience what you believe to be a glitch in the system, please Contact Us and provide the following information:
- Operating system and browser (e.g. Mac OS, Firefox)
- Login, Configuration Wizard, or Dashboard
- What you were doing when the error occurred
- Whether or not you were able to remedy the situation, and how